Hi everyone! I’ve created the following post based on my own skin and skincare routine. Each skin type may not require the same products as another.
I have dry skin – it often feels tight and is easily irritated. My skin is less-prone to breakouts than it used to be. When I do get them, they often appear in my t-zone (forehead, cheeks and chin – it forms a T!).
My daily routine:
I’ve tried countless products to tame my breakouts – from Proactiv to soap/water. Each of these products had varying results. Most products have been too harsh, others too mild. I sought a product that kept my skin clear and soft. A simple drugstore product is my current-go to!
In the mornings, I like to keep my skincare routine simple and quick. I recently discovered Noxzema anti-blemish pads and hit the skincare jackpot. These pads are quick to use (ideal for anyone who is always in a rush in the mornings!) and keep my skin clear. Each pad contains salyclic acid. I always follow these pads with a dollop of moisturizer to keep my skin soft.
By the end of the day I, like many of you, am prone to forgetting to remove my makeup. (Who has the time when they’re exhausted?) To remove makeup and dirt/oil, I use a moistened makeup remover wipe. No fuss, no mess!
Tips and tricks for clear skin:
- Eating for clear skin. Diet has a major impact on our skin. Cutting back on sugar and eating nutrient-rich foods is vital to keeping skin bright. I’ve experienced this often – on days I load up on fruits, veggies and proteins my skin is smooth and clear. The opposite is also true – if the diet is full of sugary and salty foods, the skin tends to break out more.
- Makeup removal. I know, I know, it’s not always easy to remember to remove makeup at the end of the day especially when all you want to do is sleep. Removing makeup is important to keep pores free of bacteria.
- SPF. Sun protection is an important element when it comes to skincare. Sunscreen protects the skin from the suns rays, which can damage the skin. Some moisturizers available contain built-in SPF, cutting down on the extra step.
- Makeup products containing salylic acid can help clear breakouts. My current foundation, by Clinique, is branded as an Acne Solutions product. It contains salylic acid to minimize and prevent breakouts!
Today I’m sharing a few of my must-have products from Sephora!
KAT VON D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick ($24)
Kat Von D is the first liquid lipstick I’ve tried. I bought one on a whim at Sephora and loved it so much I went back for another! I own Backstage Bambi, an electric pink, and Bauhau5, a raspberry-mauve. The formula is smooth. It’s opaque and highly pigmented. I love the concept of a liquid lipstick – one that applies as a liquid but dries to a matte finish! Both of these lipsticks are long-lasting. After a few hours of wear, they began to fade in the centre of my lips, but still remained bright.
KAT VON D Tattoo Liner ($23)
I bought this liner in Trooper, a pure black. This liner is a sleek pen with a seal cap that holds the tip tightly to minimize any ink stains. My favorite aspect of this liner is the ultra-fine tip, allowing for precise application. The liner applies in a sleek line, and dries in seconds. This liner is ideal for creating winged looks!
Benefit Cosmetics BOING Industrial-Strength Full Coverage concealer ($26)
After only two uses, this concealer became a favourite of mine. I own the lightest shade available (fair-skinned persons rejoice!) which is 01. The creamy formula seamlessly hides any imperfections or dark circles on my skin. This concealer is ideal for anyone who requires a high-coverage concealer. It’s best to apply the concealer using your fingers to achieve the best coverage.
BENEFIT COSMETICS BADGal Lash Mascara ($26)
Mascara-lovers rejoice! This (waterproof!) mascara is long-wearing and gives the lashes volume thanks to the unique spiral brush. I received this product as a sample, and bought the full-sized mascara during my last trip to Sephora. The large brush coats the lashes without clumping. This mascara doesn’t flake easily. The mascara is long-lasting, but can be removed with ease by a makeup wipe.
Each of the products above are available on Sephora’s official website.
Let me be the first to admit that I’m obsessed with lipstick. At last check, I counted 12 tubes, all in varying shades of reds, pinks, and oranges. During a shopping trip while in Florida a few weeks ago, I knew I couldn’t pass up a trip to MAC.
I was a girl on a mission. I wanted a lipstick in a summery shade, that wasn’t too drying on my lips. That’s exactly what I found in MAC’s Amplified Creme Lipstick.
As the name suggests, this formula is vibrant and highly-pigmented. This color is billed as a bright fuchsia, with a creme finish. In the bullet, it’s more of a coral shade.
This lipstick is semi-opaque when first applied. With two swipes of this color, the coverage builds and the color becomes more opaque. The texture is smooth, and it applies without pulling or dragging on the lips.
Below are swatches of the color:
MAC Impassioned is a gorgeous, summery color. I own varying shades of pink lipstick, but none compare to MAC Impassioned. I recommend this shade to anyone who’s go-to lipstick is pink.
I purchased my lipstick from a MAC store for $17. It’s available online for the same price on Mac’s official website (in the U.S.) or $21 if ordering online in Canada.
Hi! My name is Erin. I’m from Canada.
Before posting my first product review, I thought I’d share a little about myself, and the reason for creating this blog.
This is me:
I’m a 2o year-old student, aspiring to become a social worker. My interests include makeup, fashion and reading.
I plan to share makeup product reviews, and some general lifestyle posts. (My lipstick collection is continuing to grow. I’m excited to share the new additions with you all.)
Time for some interesting facts about me:
- I currently own 10 different tubes of lipstick. (Update: Just checked my purse, and I, in fact, own 12 tubes of lipstick.)
- I can’t ice-skate.
- Baking is one of my favorite hobbies.
- As much as I try resisting, I can’t pass up a trip to Sephora while I’m in a mall.
- Starbucks is my version of a drug. (What can I say, I love my lattes!)