1. Take breaks regularly. Taking short breaks while working helps you de-stress. Longer breaks are also important. You should schedule time for yourself, and partake in an activity you enjoy. Following this break, you should return to your work relaxed and refreshed.
2. Laugh. As the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine. Laughing increases oxygen intake and blood flow. This reduces stress, and regulates breathing.
3. Be faithful to your workout routines. Exercising is one of the most effective stress relievers. Whether it’s a brisk 10-minute walk or a 30-minute exercise session, sticking to your workout routines helps relieve stress.
4. Just breathe. Deep breathing calms you, and draws more oxygen into your lungs. Imagining that you are blowing away negative thoughts or feelings also helps!
5. Meditate. The practice of maintaining an inward focus and deep breathing helps reduce heart disease risk factors. Meditation helps you relax both the mind and body.
What are some of your favourite stress-reduction tips?