I bought a new Beauty Blender sponge last week to replace the one my dog ate. I shared tips earlier this summer about using this sponge, but figuring out how to clean it has been nothing short of challenging. Here are 3 tips I use to clean my Beauty Blender that I hope you can use too!
1. Wash your sponge immediately after use
I learned the value of this tip after noticing staining on my sponge. Washing your sponge immediately after each use is the best way to maintain it. The less time product remains on the sponge, the less likely it is to leave a stain. Like makeup brushes, washing your Beauty Blender after each use reduces the amount of product buildup on it.
2. Find a cleansing option that works best for you
Different types of cleansers exist to clean a Beauty Blender. The creators of Beauty Blender developed two cleansers specific for the sponge:
- Liquid Beautycleanser – Wet your sponge, pour the product onto it, and massage until the water runs clean.
- Blendercleanse Solid – This cleanser is bar-shaped. To clean your sponge, simply wet it and rub directly onto the bar.
Beauty Blenders can also be cleaned with soap or your favourite face wash. I use soap most often to clean my sponge. This option is more budget-friendly.
3. Pack the sponge correctly
Storing the sponge correctly will lengthen its lifespan. You should let it dry in an open space after each use, to prevent mould formation. You should also avoid placing the sponge in a coloured bag to prevent colour transfer that could stain the sponge.
How do you clean your makeup sponges?