This season has brought me many things, but consistently clear skin is not one of those things. The state of my skin changes a lot and I’ve modified my skin care routine in response. (I’m currently sitting at my laptop with a charcoal mask smoothed across my face). Today I’m sharing why you need a dedicated skin care routine, and how you can make changes if your routine is just not working.
Why maintain a skin care routine?
Your hormone levels begin regulating between ages 22-25, but you may notice extra breakouts during certain times of the month. Engaging in a consistent skin care routine is beneficial for many reasons:
- The amount of collagen in your skin decreases in your late-20s and your skin’s barrier begins to thin. Sticking to a regular skincare routine ensures your skin continues to look youthful and radiant
- Your skin is a large barrier. It continuously protects you from toxins and other environmental effects. By engaging in a consistent routine, you’re helping your skin function at its best.
- With time, your skincare routine becomes a habit.
A few simple tips to help you maintain a skin care routine:
Developing and maintaining a skin care routine doesn’t have to be hard work! Here are a few of my favourite tips to regulate my daily and weekly cleansing:
- Use a moisturizer – A good moisturizer will keep your skin looking fresh and supple. Moisturizer protects your skin against wrinkles and reduces dryness.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliation rids the skin of dead skin cells which prevents the skin from appearing dry and dull
How do you care for your skin?