Urban Decay released a new eyeshadow palette earlier this summer called Born to Run. This palette has been an essential component of my makeup collection and it’s enabled me to create an array of eyeshadow looks – from soft to smoky to colourful. I wanted to test this palette for a few months before reviewing it and it’s definitely been a worthwhile purchase!
The packaging of this palette is beautiful! The palette is sleek and compact but it feels heavy when held. The outside of the palette features a collection of photographs from destinations including a tropical beach, Paris, London’s Big Ben clock, and a forest. This collection of photographs truly represents the ‘born to run’ theme of the palette. The inside of the palette includes a large mirror and an array of 21 eyeshadows.
Each eyeshadow is creamy, easy-to-blend and pigmented. There is no fallout present with these shadows and they can be applied dry or with a damp brush to intensify the pigment. This palette contains a combination of matte and metallic shadows.
The shade range in this palette is versatile, ranging from matte coral to shimmery bronze, grey, pink and forest-green. Shades within this palette include:
- Breakaway – Warm ivory shimmer
- Stranded – Pale gold with a rose shimmer
- Blaze – Light metallic gold with a peachy undertone
- Weekender – Matte beige
- Still Shot – Matte coral
- Riff – Matte brown with a nude undertone
- Good As Gone – Dark brown with a iridescent micro-shimmer
- Hell Ride – Matte fuchsia
- Baja – Matte brunt orange
- Accelerate – Metallic coppery-red
- Guilt Trip – Grape-purple with shimmer
- Ignite – Metallic rose-gold with copper undertones
- Smog – Deep copper bronze with shimmer
- Wanderlust – Forest green with gold micro-shimmer
- Wildheart – Matte bright fuchsia
- Punk – Brown with red-copper undertones
- Double Life – Metallic rust
- Jet – Shimmering black
- Drift – Satin charcoal with silver micro-shimmer
- Radio – Satin teal-blue with micro-shimmer
- Big Sky – Frosted green shimmer with gold sparkle
When each shadow is applied to the lid, it wears comfortably and doesn’t crease, fade, or flake throughout the day. I’ve worn these shadows for 10-12 hours without experiencing any smudging or flaking. I love that the shadows within this palette are wearable for everyday looks, or bold for a night time look.
Urban Decay’s Born to Run Eyeshadow Palette is a great palette if you are looking for a versatile collection of shades, or a palette that is travel-friendly. It retails for $59 at Sephora.