I consistently search for new brands of liquid lipstick to test. I received samples of Dior Rouge Liquid Lipstick and I was intrigued to find out how the brand’s first liquid lipstick formula stacked up to other formulas I adore. Dior’s liquid lipstick comes in a range of beautiful colours. The shades I received in the sampler drew me in.
The full-sized lipsticks come in sleek, elegant packages. The lipstick container is matte black with a transparent panel that reveals the colour within. I enjoy the square, blunt shape of the lipstick container because it is sturdy. This lipstick features a doe-foot applicator to precisely line the lips.
Dior’s liquid lipstick comes in three different finishes: Matte, metallic, and satin. I’ve tried both the matte and satin finishes. Both lipstick formulas are smooth, non-drying, and transfer-resistant. The formula is highly-pigmented. Once applied to the lips, the colour dries down completely and is lightweight.
I’ve tried samples of four shades in the collection:
- 999 – Matte red
- Hectic – Matte deep purple
- Fury – Matte rosewood
- Fab – Satin oxblood-red
Each colour I’ve tested is pigmented and opaque. The matte shades lasted longer on my lips than the satin shade. There are 25 other shades in the collection:
- Reckless – Matte orangey-beige
- Crush – Matte hot pink
- Impulsive – Matte coral pink
- Shock – Matte magenta
- Hypnotic – Matte dark pink
- Chic – Matte beige
- Savage – Matte raspberry-pink
- Lively – Matte dusty pink
- Jungle – Matte light brown
- Mysterious – Matte brownish-pink
- Dressed To – Matte reddish-brown
- Black – Matte black
- Delicate – Satin light brown
- Frenetic – Satin raspberry pink
- Impetious – Satin pink
- Versatile – Satin strawberry-red
- Miss – Satin pink-coral
- Fab – Satin reddish-black with shimmer
- Rock ‘n’ Metal – Metallic rusty red
- Spicy – Metallic hot pink
- Scandalous – Metallic brown
- Poison Metal – Metallic red-plum
- Hologram – Metallic silver
- Vibrant – Metallic rose-gold
Both the satin and matte shades wear comfortably on the lips. Once I apply the shade to my lips, they wear for 4-5 hours without fading. One aspect I adore about these lipsticks is that I only require one swipe of the lipstick to achieve full-coverage. The colour doesn’t bleed on my lips, but it does transfer while eating or drinking.
These lipsticks are perfect if you are looking for a comfortable, long-wearing lipstick. The metallic finishes are beautiful and richly pigmented. Dior Rouge Liquid Lipstick retails for $43 on Sephora’s website.