I collaborated with Coloured Raine Cosmetics a few months ago. They graciously sent me the Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow palette. This palette quickly became a staple in my collection – it is affordable, pigmented, and has a fantastic range of shades. If you’re interested in finding new indie makeup brands, keep on reading!
The packaging is stunning. The outside of the palette features a matte black cover with the brand logo embossed on it. Inside the palette are fourteen pans of eyeshadow plus a large mirror. The inside packaging features a fun, metallic gold material. The palette is lightweight and travel friendly, though the shape is slightly longer than other palettes I own.
This palette features an array of eyeshadow formulas. Each shade is pigmented, buttery, and smooth. The matte shades are pigmented, non-chalky, and blend well. Each metallic shade has a foiled appearance. The frosted shades are pigmented and creamy.
This palette contains 12 shades, in a mixture of matte, metallic, and frosted finishes. The shades contained within the palette include:
- Crown – Bright white-gold
- Royal Highness – Metallic taupe brown
- Your Majesty – Metallic golden copper
- Princess – Matte dusty rose
- Empress – Matte burnt orange
- Queen Mother – Frosted dark plum
- Heir – Matte light beige
- Royal Perogative – Matte medium brown
- Noblewoman – Frosted cranberry
- Ladyship – Matte dark berry with cooler undertones
- Duchess – Matte dark brown with yellow undertones
- Dethrone – Metallic deep brown
These eyeshadows last for hours when applied to the lid! The formula does not crease, fade, or falter throughout the day. I’ve observed no patchiness or flaking with these eyeshadows.
If you’re looking for an affordable, indie makeup brand I highly recommend Coloured Raine. Every product is inexpensive and high-quality. The Queen of Hearts Eyeshadow Palette retails for $44 on Coloured Raine’s official website. As of March 26, 2020 it is on sale for $28.